Commitment Towards Young Lawyers and Law Student Advancement

Thursday 29 June 2017

BAR FINAL: TIME OUT WITH OYELEKE AYODEJI


Greetings to our fellow Bar Aspirant!!! for the next couple of weeks we have decided to upload Faith provoking post and advice from First Class Students. The aim of these posts is to build faith in you as you prepare for BAR FINALS......

P.S: This is not a religious blog but we believe in God. So irrespective of your religion, see this as an inspiring and motivating post.

TODAY WE HAVE Leke Oyeniran Esq hails from Iwo osun state, he had his primary and secondary education in A1 Group of Schools Iwo Osun State. He proceeded to Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago Iwoye and Nigerian Law school Kano Campus to achieve his long-term dream of becoming a Lawyer. Leke is well-known on air and social media for his motivational story telling program called SEASON PURPOSE. He,  and some of his friends,  run Season Purpose International. He is currently observing his one year compulsory National Youth Service Corp in Akwa Ibom state of Nigeria.
The aim of this post is to;
1.      Calm the fear in the Heart of many preparing for Bar Final
2.      Suggest ways in which bar aspirant can balance externship period and preparation for Bar Final
3.      Advice on Portfolio assessment
4.      What next after Law School?

QUESTION 1
Can we meet you sir (Your name, occupation and any other information about yourself you would want us to know)

 My name is Oyeleke Ayodeji Oyeniran, from Osun state, I am a legal practitioner by profession and also a leader at season purpose group. Well, I think I am a gentleman, Believer and peace lover.

QUESTION 2
Sir, can you share your experience about Law School?

Well, law school is like a vocational training center where they teach procedural law. Its a very nice place because being in law school means you're just a step away from your dream of being a lawyer, then you have to work hard, make your dreams come true. I only put on the spirit of diligence. Diligence in my study, in my relationship with God, relationship with people, I put up extra work to make sure am not behind. The truth about it is that, I had a wonderful time in law school, I had a good study time, my parents cooperated with me, my friends understood me, our lecturers gave their best,  many factors were responsible for my good time in law school, no regret I just thank God

QUESTION 3
Thank you sir, can you tell us what were the Challenges you faced in law School?

Challenges!!! Well, if you’re not careful in the name of am reading, you will forget your personal relationship with God, you will be so engrossed and leave personal altar, sometimes, it’s when am on my way to class i will start praying, once somebody greet you, you forget you're praying, but God helped me seriously. Then I had issue with time management, they teach us one semester course in a day and tomorrow, another one is coming with full force. I do sleep btw 12:30 to 5:30. Also some people with their illogical argument can scatter your head. Also, some are just there to intimidate you with plenty textbooks. Yes! Fear too! You must know this! 60% will fail! Bla bla bla! You know different people are coming from different places! Everybody with his own ideologies. Law school is fun sha!

QUESTION 4
At what point did you realize that you would finish with a First Class sir?

I remember one day, I was reading in chad hall with one of my friends, Mauyon, she went back to her hostel to sleep, when she came back after some hours, she met me in the chad hall again, she told me that if not first class, nothing else, we just laughed over it. I had a feeling that it may come before leaving for externship because I already done bulk of the work then, but when I went to externship, I formed a new reading group and these guys in the group were prophesying it, but I just do see it as a big dream for average boy like me, even after exams, I was still doubting some things, I prayed so hard, because I made one serious mistake in one of the compulsory questions in criminal, so, seeing First class that morning was a miracle for me and am eternally grateful to God. OK! Let me answer the question, the feeling of having first class started from 2nd term, I banked on that feeling and believed it could be possible.

QUESTION 5
Share your Externship experience with us.

 I had my court attachment in High court Ile Ife osun state. So, I lived on OAU campus with my friends Secree Nene, Tunde Tijani and Dessy. I had an ample reading time. I was practically living in Awo cafe, in the morning I go to court, after returning I relax till 2 or 3 then go for group discussion, by 6, am back to Awo Cafe, I read from then till 2 or 3 as the case maybe. I was living with Dessy then who also happened to be a law school extern too, I thank God for that brother, and we forced ourselves to read. He will sleep from 9 to 3, then I will go and wake him, I will sleep because we had just one bed, then he will read from 3 till 8. Again, we formed a group discussion then, after court, we do meet at the back of oduduwa hall. Only 6 of us, we discuss course outcomes in the lesson plans, draft and solve past questions. These guys are serious minded guys, we read, recite RPC, drafts and eat. Esther will always do us good with bread and akara with coke. Am grateful to the guys seriously, we are one family even till now, Esther, Egbon Yemi, Fado, Tosi and my good Kenny

QUESTION 6
How were you able to balance between Externship and reading sir?.

I think I already answer that, reading was priority' for me. Even during Firm attachment, I scheduled other things after my reading. I understood the business of the court even before externship, so, I go to office then to read, I was the only one living in my house then because I went back to Iwo my hometown for firm attachment. I read and read alone. No distraction except i distract myself! My principal showed much understanding. SA Oyediran Esq. No matter how busy the day was, I read for at least 6 hours a day. Mostly 8 to 10 . so, reading was the priority.

QUESTION 7
How was your portfolio assessment?

It was fine, I was asked many questions, the ones I know, I answer, the ones I don't, I use brain to attack it. But I did answer everything. Almost 11 questions by Mr Olorunyomi. Great man!

QUESTION 8
Please what is ethical dilemma? And how do we write it sir?

 Yes now! Ethical, then dilemma! There ethics is in dilemma, write on it. OK! I can send you my own, to use it to write your own. Asked for my mail from admin of this platform, I will send it to you or I send my friends own to you or ask any of my colleagues or my seniors. Don't worry it’s not something hard like that!

QUESTION 9
How did you overcome the Fear of BAR FINAL? 

Fear ehn! Don't let them give you false story o! You don't need to have 5 eyes before you get it done! In fact, you don't need to be a genius!  Am just an average guy that worked harder and obtain the favor of God. You only have to work hard! That's all! Leave nothing undone! Start from criminal, look at the course outcomes, can you answer from week 3 to week 20? Then do all others like like. Fear will always come actually, but when you're well assured you have covered everything nothing will shake you.

In Acts 23, Paul was standing trial, but Scripture says in verse 11 that Lord stood by him and said don't be afraid. That's the gist, the Lord is with you! Don't be afraid! Then pray! When exams is close, DON'T FAST, JUST PRAY, READ AND EAT. AVOID DISTRACTION.

QUESTION 10
What will be your advice to bar aspirant in preparing for Bar Final.

I already answered AVOID DISTRACTION. I remember when exam was close; I had to make a new law about my phone. My friend Segun was living in D hostel in Kano then, I gave him the battery of my phone and my friend Egbon Yemi was living in M hostel, I gave him the phone. So, no temptation of chatting and wasting time.

You will have enough time to do all these later, but for this course, please give your all! Dedicate everything. It was later I heard people saying I was reading like if I don't pass I will be on death sentence. Its funny but hardwork pays!

Read and read! Solve past questions! Communicate with your colleagues, discuss and avoid distraction! Then you have to pray! Well, it depends on what you believe, but I believe in prayers. And I tried to be in good course with everybody, another thing is this teaching people, the gist is that, YOU CAN HELP EVERYBODY AND HURT YOURSELF. Its good to teach people, I do teach but not from my reading time. Myself and my friend Adeojo Ebenezer have to make a law that anybody we want to teach must come between 1am to 4am. Then use the rest of the time for ourselves.

QUESTION 11
How is Life after Law School?

 It’s wonderful! God is really helping us, its the same principle of hard work that we still use because its a new world entirely, we only have to learn. The difference is that in school, we read to earn mark, here we read to make money!

QUESTION 12
Your final words for the Bar Aspirant…

Lo! God is with you!
                                   
                                          THANK YOU SIR.....

I hope you were blessed from the words of Mr Leke...

If you want copies of his Ethical dilemma you can message us or you need anything or you want us to pray for you, advice you....contact us @Group4hub@gmail.com

This message is to that brother and that sister that wants to give up, you fed up of all the cases and sections, you hardly understand when you read, you end up sleeping off while reading. Pleas do not give up....

Let me assure you that someone is Praying for you. Yes!!!! we praying for you....                                                                                            
#iwillpassbarfinal #Shaganaa

0 comments:

Post a Comment